dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A prediction gone terribly wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marty R.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: A prediction gone terribly wrong Reply with quote

Although it was apparently an international craze, I had never heard of the "S-word" until one Sunday in December a puzzle appeared in the local fish-wrapper. I made a comment to my daughter the next day. Today she was reviewing some old e-mail and sent it back to me. The moral of the story is don't take any predictions I make very seriously.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dad, I was going through some old emails and came across this one with a prophetic statement from you. Thought you might be amused.

"I completed Monday's, labeled as "very easy"; came close on Sunday, labeled "easy." I don't see myself getting into it like crosswords."

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get "Janric Classic Sudoku" in our paper. I did a few, including some they ranked Gold (toughest), without any pencil marks. Just ponder a bit, and you'll see another cell you can fill. I only did them occasionally because they weren't very challanging. One day I made a mistake. Rather than start over and waste paper, I decided it would be fairly simple to write a program to solve 'em. And I was gullible enough to think I'd done it! It solved the ones in the paper just fine, until May 14. See
http://www.dailysudoku.com/sudoku/forums/viewtopic.php?t=860&sid=f24128a1fe1cc4a4eb3772109464f3af
And here I am...
Dale

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was unlogged me in the previous post. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: