dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daily Sudoku puzzle: Sat 20-Aug-2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Daily Sudoku puzzle: Sat 20-Aug-2005 Reply with quote

I have got to the following stage for the Daily Sudoku, Sat 20-Aug-2005:

3,9,* | 8,*,5 | 6,*,*
*,*,* | *,*,* | *,*,5
4,5,8 | *,9,* | *,*,*
---------------------------
*,8,4 | 3,*,2 | *,*,*
2,*,9 | *,5,* | 1,*,4
*,*,* | 9,*,4 | *,2,*
---------------------------
9,*,* | *,2,* | 7,5,8
7,*,* | 5,*,* | *,*,*
8,*,5 | *,*,9 | *,3,6

The hint facility of the solver suggests a '3' in the centre square of the middle left 3x3. I am hesitant to use this as I cannot justify it. Any suggestions or methods with explanation would be appreciated. I think I am being a little impatient and ought to put it down and come back to it later, but I couldn't resist asking.

(A little background, I only discovered Sudoku puzzles on Wednesday via the Independent UK newspaper, 17-Aug-2005, completed their Quick, Elementary, Intermediate and advanced puzzles and came online to find my next fix. I am not familiar with the names of strategies or methods used to solve such puzzles, but no doubt, I have employed some of them in solving the 4 puzzles I have already come across. Hence, please pad out any references to strategies with a little explanation, thanks!)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: 3 in middle of middle left box Reply with quote

the threee must go there because it cant go in teh row underneath as the far right box has to have its three in this row

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: thank you!! Reply with quote

I don't know why I didn't realise it myself. It's so obvious now, it's embarassing.

Embarassed

I blame it on the lack of breakfast.

Thank you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: