dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Sudoku Site Launched

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John from Number-Logic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: New Sudoku Site Launched Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I was hoping you could check out my new site and give me some feedback. I think everything looks good and works fine, but I may be biased a bit.

Also check out the new twist we added with the validate function.

Thanks,
~john
www.number-logic.com
Susie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, I tried it out and it works well. Mind you I have never played on screen before, I always play with a print out. I tried out the impossible, but for my first "on screen" game I found it challenging. I went to the easy game to get some practice, and had no trouble at all. My only problem is not to fill up my day with any more sudoku. Thanks, Susie
________
grape ape pictures

Last edited by Susie on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Max Beran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, but the puzzle you rated as impossible did not in fact present any special problems -- no hidden triplets, let alone X-wings and whatever. I would have called it something like "Intermediate". It was only about 170 on the candidate score scale which would put it well down among the "easy" bracket.
John Reusing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, so far I have tried to avoid x-wings and some of the more advanced methods. And I am working on letting users who complete the puzzle suggest the rank. So if the average person thinks its easy then thats what it will be rated.
geoff h

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Yes, it looks like a good site - obviously you have done a lot of work.
However, I agree with Max in that the impossible sudoku from the other day was actually relatively easy!!

Look forward to more challenging puzzles in the future.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great site John Wink
John Reusing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: new updates Reply with quote

the puzzle from today that is labeled as impossible should be very challenging.

also after you complete a puzzle you will be asked to give it a diffculty rating so the rating will now reflect what the majority of people though about them not what I though.
Matt Allen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really nice looking site. Everything works well and the online puzzling is a very good touch. I'd agree with the changing of difficulty levels on some puzzles but apart from that i think it's a great site and i wish you luck with it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
john

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: new features Reply with quote

www.number-logic.com now has some exciting new features.
you can create a profile that will record which puzzle you have attempted and which ones you have completed. It will also time you and allow you to compae you time with other for that puzzle.

Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: