dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite IOS app solver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrone Shuz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Favorite IOS app solver Reply with quote

I have a Sudoku app that has different levels, and the "hard" ones are rarely hard, and the "expert" ones are definitely hard for me. But their "hint" just gives you the answer for that cell. I don't want that. There's a great online solver that if you ask for a hint, it'll say "pointing pair", or "x-y wing". Then you can click again if you like, and it'll tell you where the eliminations are.

I'm to the point where I don't miss pointing pairs or quads in a box, line, or column, even find quints now and again. So the Friday puzzle in the Washington Post rarely stumps me (but sometimes it does take awhile).

I want an app like this http://www.sudoku-solutions.com/

Does one exist?
CORUJA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Favorite IOS app solver Reply with quote

Have You tried www.enjoysudoku.com/‎ ?
Tyrone Shuz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like what I'm looking for, it looks perfect for the level I am now. It looks like it only may have a couple of the "fish" thingies, but that's where I am now. The Friday newspaper puzzle (the hardest they publish) is challenging, though I almost always solve it, and this looks like it may get above that, so for me it looks fine. I would like to hear from others, about other apps, or this one. Thanks so much!
Tyrone Shuz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Awesome app! Reply with quote

I spent the $2.99, and this is just what I'm looking for, a very advanced hint system. I'm getting hints from the "difficult" level, and there are four or five more levels above that.

I'm learning about pair chains, and unique rectangles, etc. This will keep me in challenging puzzles forever! Thanks so much for the recommendation.

I will say that these are true Sudoku puzzles, I imagine you can run across some that have more than one solution, so some of the hints like BUG+1 may not apply to non-authentic puzzles.

This app will let you scan in a puzzle via the camera! Haven't tried it yet, but how cool is that?!
Abbysam007

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks I'm Dick, 77 years old,live in Texas and bored with backyard birds & TV. I have some health issues that rein me indoors most of the time so have resorted to doing these puzzles to pass the time by.
Marty R.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy the puzzles Dick, it's a great way to spend some time. And don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any.
stressball

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which appears including everything I'm seeking, it appears to be awesome for the levels I am right now. It looks love this exclusively might have a couple of that "fish" thingies, but that is anywhere I am today. That the Friday newspaper puzzle (that the toughest these publish) is actually hard, however I always solve they, and this seems including it might probably buy on top just that, so that for me it appears to be good. I wish to notice at others, more than another programs, or possibly this one. Thanks a great deal!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: