dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 23 classic difficulty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrm47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: March 23 classic difficulty Reply with quote

Ordinarily, given enough time and trial-and-error(threads), I can get through the very hard puzzles, but the March 23rd is giving me a headache.
So far: R5C4(6), R5C5(9), R5C6(1), and R9C5(3), and THAT's IT!. I need one little break-through. Not the solution, but some logic that'll get me one more number. Any help greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at R9C9 and R7C6, you should find that there is only one possibility for each of these cells.

Good luck from there.
windybaer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R6C5 is next, but now I'm stuck too.
David Bryant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: There's a hidden pair in r7c1/r8c3 Reply with quote

If you look closely at row 9 and at column 2 you'll see the pair of values {1, 9} lying outside of the bottom left 3x3 box. The way these intersect you can then notice that the pair {1, 9} must occupy the two cells r7c1 & r8c3 -- there's no other way to fit those values in that 3x3 box.

Now there's only one cell left (r7c2) that can hold a "7". And since the only possibilities for r7c9 are {1, 9} you can make more progress in row 7. dcb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK that was good David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: