dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3-25-05 Puzzle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
igolf4birdies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: 3-25-05 Puzzle Reply with quote

I had printed out some older puzzles to work and have gotten stuck on this one. It is rated as "hard" but I must be missing something. It seems "very hard" to me.

Can someone please give me some logic. Here is where I am.

8 _ 7 _ 2 5 3 9 1
2 1 _ _ _ 3 4 5 8
_ 5 3 _ _ _ 7 6 2
_ _ _ 5 1 _ _ _ 7
1 _ _ _ 4 _ _ _ 9
7 _ _ _ 3 8 _ _ _
5 9 _ _ _ _ _ 8 3
_ _ 2 3 _ _ _ _ _
3 _ 1 _ 5 _ 9 _ 4

I have found (7,8) pair in r8c2 and r9c2 and a (5,8) pair in r5c3 and r5c7. But stuck from there.

Thanks in advance.
Rick
David Bryant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Look at bottom center 3x3 box Reply with quote

Hi, Rick!

You need to concentrate on the bottom center 3x3 box, and on row 9 in particular.

-- You have already found a "hidden pair" {7, 8} in r7c2 & r9c2. So there can't be a "6" at r9c2.

-- There can't be a "6" at r9c8 either, because of the "6" at r3c8.

-- So the "6" in row 9 must lie in the bottom center 3x3 box, at r9c4 or at r9c6, and you can eliminate "6" from the other empty cells in the bottom center 3x3 box.

-- In particular this means that r7c5 = 7 -- that should get you rolling again. dcb Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: