dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mar 29 VH XY Chain before fundamentals are finished

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Woods

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Mar 29 VH XY Chain before fundamentals are finished Reply with quote

Sorry, I clicked on New rather than reply and it is not worth a new section

This one along with some others I guess, reveal a Wing or some other "killer" solution before the fundamentals are completed. So I used the XY wing, inserted a 2 and then looked further and found some more moves that didn't apparently rely on the new 2. i.e. I was completing the fundamentals and on to a complete solution. So I wondered whether my solution was a lucky mistake or the real thing, so had to do it again completing the fundamentals before invoking the XY wing to a solution that depnded clearly on the XY wing and was thefore valid.

So this type of puzzle- although I had solved it correctly first time had me worried simply 'cos the wing revealed itself "too early"! in the solution!!!!!
Mogulmeister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking empirically, I have noticed that you can sometimes spot something early on that collapses the puzzle but in the long run you might also chase that down and still be left with a lot of house cleaning to do !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: