dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb 4th Hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Woods

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Feb 4th Hard Reply with quote

Hard Puzzles are often quicker to do than V Hard 'cos the Very hard test ones ability to do fundamentals, and being Hard - not easy or medium- those fundamentals can be difficult.

However in this puzzle the X wing was so obvious that it was almost impossible to ignore, the same goes for the W wing a few moves later- so now the pencil lead was "red hot" so when a UR popped up I thought Why Not? and so a solution- but somehow I felt is if I had cheated - Did anyone else have the same experience?
kragzy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

I envy your ability to just see things. I still recall your discovery of what we now call the W wing. Amazing.

As for me, I just work my way through puzzles in my normal well tried methodical manner and never see a wing until I go looking for it. When I do H puzzles I know that I am going to probably find a box-line interaction that will produce a solution.

I've just caught up with this puzzle today - and that's just what happened. Nothing special.

Cheers
arkietech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Feb 4th Hard Reply with quote

George Woods wrote:
I felt is if I had cheated -

Who makes the rules? Confused Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: