dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jan 13 VH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Jan 13 VH Reply with quote

Take you pick of two very evident one-shot solutions.

Solutions: 137 xy-wing or 17 UR

Early Earl

PS I would like to suggest adding a level of difficulty above VH to challenge those who have developed advanced skills over the past few years. This is a good forum with competent participants who may soon be looking elsewhere for a challenge. Thanks.
cgordon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PS I would like to suggest adding a level of difficulty above VH to challenge those who have developed advanced skills over the past few years. This is a good forum with competent participants who may soon be looking elsewhere for a challenge. Thanks.

Agreed! I seem to recall that a couple of years ago there were more challenging puzzzles e.g. 3 steppers. These days they are invariably like this one - single xy wings or UR's - easier than most Hards.
tlanglet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that the puzzles in the sub-forum "Posted by daj" are consistently at the VH+ level. Also, I can't recall the last time I solved one of Danny's puzzles with a single VH step; some have taken me 10 - 12 steps of VH and VH+.

I definitely encourage you to try them.............

Ted
Wendy W

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earl, Thanks for saying this, and I agree with you, though given my recent trouble with skyscrapers I hesitate to classify myself as "competent"! Ted, I will definitely try the DAJ puzzles.
storm_norm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out on a limb here and made a live stream of how I solved the puzzle. its nothing fancy, its nothing professional, but hey, why not.
its a video of my desktop with the draw/play tool open. I do use the auto sweep feature and I basically talk myself through the puzzle.

the livestream will play on forever, but you can replay any video anytime by clicking on the video in the "latest videos" section.

http://www.livestream.com/storm_normsudoku

all comments are welcome
Luke451

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way cool, Norm! I wasn't surprised to find you sound nothing like Norman Schwarzkopf... Smile

It would be interesting to see your approach to an Extreme/Challenge level puzzle. I often wonder about the process that others use to identify and target a puzzle's vulnerabilities.
storm_norm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have approaches to other puzzles posted hopefully soon. the trick is to get the video short enough to be more interesting than watching paint dry. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: