dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dec 25 Xmas Puzzle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbrun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Dec 25 Xmas Puzzle Reply with quote

This is the first puzzle that I've trouble getting started. Is there some special logic needed for this one? I did yesterdays Xmas puzzle and most others without problem. Idea Idea Rolling Eyes
bev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the 7's in the top row of 3 big blocks, and the 9s in the bottom row of 3 big blocks
RogerC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: I'm finding it difficult, too Reply with quote

I've noticed the 7s in the top right box which have given me the 7s in the top left and middle middle boxes (is there any standard terminology for this shape, yet?!) I've also noticed the 4 in the bottom right and the 3 in the top right.

But what's that about the 9s in the bottom boxes? Bottom left has a 9 that doesn't help much and the others have several possibilities that don't help at all.

I have also worked out the 7/8 pairs in bottom left and right, but again they don't lead anywhere.

Or do they - have I missed something obvious, yet again!!! Confused
marion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found multiple solutions for that 12/25 9*9 puzzle. Am I the only one?
marion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry, I just made a mistake copying the puzzle, and this made a different one! I'll have my printer mended as soon as possible, so I won't do those mistakes any more.
bbrun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: reply to Bev Reply with quote

Are we looking at the same puzzle?
There are only 2 7's on the puzzle: one on the top row; the other r3 c1. There is only one 9, and it is not on the bottom.
bbrun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to RogerC Reply with quote

The puzzle that I'm looking at does not have any 7's in the top right box, nor a 4 in the bottom right, nor a 3 in the top right!! I'm looking at the Dec 25, Xmas puzzle, not the Classic one.
bbrun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your help Reply with quote

Not sure what exactly helped me, but now I have the idea for this puzzle. Thanks to all who replied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: