dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sat 28 may ,next logical step?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: sat 28 may ,next logical step? Reply with quote

got as far as
x3x2xx781
xx8xxx3x4
x74x3x96x
xxx18x6x7
x176x9x38
8xx375149
x41x6x89x
7xxxxx41x
98x413x7x
finished it by guessing/trial&eror.interested in logical solution,not guesswork.hint on draw suggested a 7 below the 2 in the top middle cell as the next logical step.HOW????save my sanity please.
pierceedd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: sat 28 may ,next logical step? Reply with quote

dro wrote:
got as far as
x3x2xx781
xx8xxx3x4
x74x3x96x
xxx18x6x7
x176x9x38
8xx375149
x41x6x89x
7xxxxx41x
98x413x7x
finished it by guessing/trial&eror.interested in logical solution,not guesswork.hint on draw suggested a 7 below the 2 in the top middle cell as the next logical step.HOW????save my sanity please.

The key to getting that 7 in the top middle cell lies in the first column (strangely enough). There are only two places you can get a 6 in the first column: the top box and the one under it. As a result, there MUST be a 6 in one of those two boxes, which means that there cannot be a 6 anywhere else in the top left cell.

As a result, the second box in the second row only has the possible numbers 2,5, and 9. This creates a triplet with the fifth box in the second row (5 and 9), and the eighth box in the second row (2 and 5). That triplet means that there cannot be a 5 or 9 in the fourth box, which leaves 7 as the only possible number for that box.

John

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you didn't tell me what are these numbers and deleted my post, thats bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: