dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long VH+ by JPF (game 0042)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgordon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That reply cost me a trip to Google for "ginger beer."

Surely, when you guys are in Canada you should ALSO be buying the regular beer. There's a saying up here comparing American beer to sex in a canoe which I am too decent and respectful to explain.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Marty R.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's a saying up here comparing American beer to sex in a canoe which I am too decent and respectful to explain.

Hey there, Mr. Decent and Respectful, no explanation needed for us cognoscenti. Laughing
keith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Michigan Liquor Control Commission has gotten control of our local racetrack, Waterford Hills, so you cannot BYOB any more.

http://www.waterfordhills.com/

At the beer tent, I asked, what are the choices? Bud Light or Labatts Blue. Now, though I do not think that is a choice, I also do not think Canadian beer is that good. I'll take an Anchor Steam or a Sam Adams any time.

(Being a beer snob is much more fulfilling than being a wine snob, it turns out.)

Keith.
cgordon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bud Light or Labatts Blue. Now, though I do not think that is a choice, I also do not think Canadian beer is that good.

I agree profusely - Bud or Labatts - Yuk. But actually I am originally a Limey with an Irish wife - and for years I've had nothing but contempt for North American beer. However, in the last 20 years I've seen some magnificent micro-brewrey outputs on BOTH sides of the border.

What has this got to do with Sudoku? - apart from the destroyed brains cells from drinking beer?

I'll get back.

(edited to spell profusely more proper)

Last edited by cgordon on Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asellus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

Apologies for the confusion! I guess I should have verified that that pattern was there without requiring the prior eliminations.

At one time, Sonoma County was famous for hops, speaking of beer. There are still some old hop kilns around from early last century. The Hop Kiln Winery is located in some neat old stone hop kilns. There are some very good local breweries in the county: Lagunitas, Bear Republic, Moonlight and (the especially interesting) Russian River come to mind. It's not just wine around here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Other puzzles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: