dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why not? no advanced moves needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nataraj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Why not? no advanced moves needed Reply with quote

This one is from the local paper (www.kurier.at - sorry they don't have sudoku on-line, I copied the puzzle from the e-paper version)

Absolutely NO advanced moves needed. But still great fun to find those hidden singles, box/line interactions, naked tuples ....
(At one point I was tempted to use that UR that was staring me in the face, but I remained strong ...)

This one's for pencil and paper only. Best to right mouse button - view - print - get going

ravel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nataraj wrote:
(At one point I was tempted to use that UR that was staring me in the face, but I remained strong ...)
You are like my friend. "They made it without (having programmed) UR's, so i want to solve it without". I dont care. In this situation
Code:
 |..3|476|1..|
 |...|935|6..|
 |7.6|812|3.4|
 |---+---+---|
 |.72|3.1|486|
 |.3.|6..|71.|
 |.6.|7..|9..|
 |---+---+---|
 |327|549|861|
 |..8|167|2..|
 |6..|283|5..|

from the 48 pair in c6 i see, that 4 must be in r56c3 (UR 48 in r56c16, 48 in c5 and box 6, 8 in c3), which gives me a 1 in r2c3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Other puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: