dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

squiggly 12x12's?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcpoulos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: squiggly 12x12's? Reply with quote

any possibility you can make some squiggly 12x12's?
the squiggs are my fave cuz they can have new solving techniques that i have to figure out based on the shape.
i think you have gone through all the possible squigg shapes for the 9x9's though, so theres nothing new for me to figure out with those.
seems like there could be some cool new shapes with the 12x12's Very Happy .
that'd be great.
and thanx for such a great site! i love it!
samgj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: squiggly 12x12's? Reply with quote

dcpoulos wrote:
any possibility you can make some squiggly 12x12's?

I thought about this before, but there are some dumb technical issues that make it tough for the software to make larger than 9x9 squigglys.

Quote:
i think you have gone through all the possible squigg shapes for the 9x9's though, so theres nothing new for me to figure out with those.

Actually, the shapes are just determined by those that I've put together -- the options are far more numerous. I had a couple of shapes from a kind contributor a while back, which increased the variety a little. I can say here that anyone should feel free to send some 9x9 squiggly shapes and I'll include puzzles built with them. A couple of things to bear in mind:

- I don't need the puzzles themselves, just the arrangement of squares.
- Interestingly, it seems that it is impossible to build a valid puzzle from some shapes. Of course you won't know that in advance, but it means I might not be able to show everything I get.
- In common with other things here, symmetry for the arrangement of cells is preferred -- either rotation order 2 or a reflection.
- I'll do my best to credit contributions on their first use, but long term they'll likely get lumped in with all the anonymous others.

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: