dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion to Moderators

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogulmeister

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Suggestion to Moderators Reply with quote

This may have been suggested before but perhaps as a "sticky" in this the most popular part of the forum there should be the "how to post your grid" simple instructions from Marty/Keith.
Marty R.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had proposed that sticky and wrote the instructions, but there is still no sticky for reasons unknown. What I've done a few times is when people ask I copy and paste what I have written into a reply.
keith

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Will do Reply with quote

Marty,

Send in your instructions (post them again), or tell me where the original is, and I'll make a sticky.

Keith
Marty R.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith,

See my post here. It was sent to Sam a few months ago.

http://www.dailysudoku.co.uk/sudoku/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1885
Mogulmeister

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted original - post in wrong place ! )
keith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: New "How To" section Reply with quote

All (particularly MM and Marty)

You will notice there is a new section. What used to be "Testing" is Now "Site help and testing". Into the "Site help" section I have moved Marty's post on aligning your grid, and my post on how to post an image.

Now, do you (still) think we need a "how to" sticky in the "Daily Sudoku" and / or the "Other Puzzles" forums?

My own opinion is "no". I like to have the most recently active message threads displayed at the top.

Suggestions for more "how to" items are welcome. This is how to use the site, not how to solve Sudoku.

Marty: To move your message, I had to split it out of its original thread, into its own thread, then move it. There is no trace of the message in its original place. Sorry about that, but I could not figure another way.

Best wishes,

Keith
Mogulmeister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith - hopefully the new arrivals will be able to find help more easily.
Marty R.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, do you (still) think we need a "how to" sticky in the "Daily Sudoku" and / or the "Other Puzzles" forums?

My own opinion is "no". I like to have the most recently active message threads displayed at the top.

Keith,

My original suggestion to Sam was to have the sticky in the Daily Puzzle forum and perhaps in the Other Puzzles forum since those are the forums where people post grids.

I have no problem with it being in the Site Help forum, it's just that I have no idea how many newcomers actually read that forum before they start posting.

Let's see what happens. If numerous unaligned grids continue to be posted, we can link the posters to the Help thread or consider moving the thread to the appropriate forums.

P.S. Another idea just popped into my head, not knowing, of course, how easy or difficult it would be for Sam. That would be to add a statement, perhaps in red, immediately above the Draw/Play grid, for example, "Learn how to post a properly aligned grid."
keith

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty,

We can always put a sticky which is a link to the "Site help" forum.

My guess is that new users are unlikely to consult Help before posting their first message. We should then point out where the Help is, and encourage them to edit their message to correct it.

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: