dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April 16 Squiggly - Have completely lost it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Squiggly puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluewitch1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: April 16 Squiggly - Have completely lost it! Reply with quote

I am absolutely stuck on this one. Can anyone explain the next logical step please?

1 4 9 2 7 - 8 6 -
- - 6 1 - 8 9 7 -
7 8 - - - - - - - 1
- 9 8 - - - - - 7
- 2 - 7 9 6 - 8 -
2 6 - - - - - 9 8
9 - - 8 - - - - 6
6 - 2 3 8 7 - - 9
8 - - - - - - - -

Please put me out of my misery - there's obviously a hidden trick somewhere that I'm missing! (I still could not work out April 14th squiggly either - VERY hard seems to tip me over the edge, I can cope with any of the others!).
Thanks,
xx
zeitverschwender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One little next step could be to try to see where the 1 could go in the third lowest row - considering the fact that it has to be in the two lowest rows in the right and left lower "area" (I am not into the English terminology and hope you get where I mean). I am not sure how much further this would lead you, but it certainly tells you two more ones...

I find it very difficult to help any one with a puzzle since there are several possibilities of how to go on. I am trying to take it as a challenge...

Actually this puzzle did take me almost an hour since I made a few mistakes and had to start all over again. Confusing, but not impossible.

Good luck, xx!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have two 2's in the left center square?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Squiggly. Sorry. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't have 2 2s in that squiggly!

Zeitverschwender - sorry I still can't see it! Ich nehme an, Sie sind Deutsch? Vielleicht ist es besser wenn Sie es auf Deutsch erklaren, ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch!??
Vielen Dank!

Sad
SR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xx wrote that she was stuck at:

1 4 9 2 7 - 8 6 -
- - 6 1 - 8 9 7 -
7 8 - - - - - - - 1
- 9 8 - - - - - 7
- 2 - 7 9 6 - 8 -
2 6 - - - - - 9 8
9 - - 8 - - - - 6
6 - 2 3 8 7 - - 9
8 - - - - - - - -

Now, I had a 6 at r9c5, otherwise stuck at same point. After trying suggestions in the post I get

1 4 9 2 7 - 8 6 -
- - 6 1 - 8 9 7 -
7 8 - - - - - - 1
- 9 8 - - - - - 7
- 2 1 7 9 6 - 8 -
2 6 - - - 1 - 9 8
9 - - 8 1 - - - 6
6 - 2 3 8 7 - - 9
8 - - - 6 - - - -

yes, some more 1s, but I am still stuck!

Sheila

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I made a mistake on this one and got hopelessly stuck. So, I threw out my first try, started over, and got it on the second try with not too much trouble.

I think this was the key piece for me: the entry in r8c7 had to be either 4 or 5, but 4 won't work so it has to be 5. That leaves 469 for the bottom row of the middle shaded block.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Squiggly puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: