dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dec. 17 - hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boweasel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Dec. 17 - hard Reply with quote

I HAVE solved this puzzle, but I reached a point - after I had only entered 8 new definite numbers - where it became necessary to 'guess'. I thought that one of the stated tenets of this page was that every problem is able to be solved through the use of logic alone.

I have solved several of the puzzles classified as 'very hard', and have never had to resort to guessing - until now..

Did anyone else have this difficulty? Or am I missing some bit of Sudoku logic?

Bo
someone_somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Show me your point, I show you my logic ...

see u,
David Bryant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Are these the 8 numbers you found? Reply with quote

Hi, Bo!

Another guest posted a question about this puzzle a few days ago -- you can read that discussion right here.

I'm pointing this out because "Guest T" had also located just 8 new digits before he got stumped. I'm curious if you got stuck in the same place. dcb Smile
boweasel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Dec. 17 - hard Reply with quote

I read the other discussion on this puzzle. The difference in my difficulty and his lies in r2c8. He had a 5 in that spot, while I had it as being either a 5 OR a 9.

I did, however, have an 8 in r2c3.

Other than those 2 differences our 'solutions' were the same at the time we became stumped, and he resorted to hints, while I used trial and error.

Since the original discussion is predicated on the 5 in r2c3, I'd be interested to know how does one eliminate the 9 from consideration at that spot?

Bo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: