dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuck on Nov-5-05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CourtneyO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Stuck on Nov-5-05 Reply with quote

Hi-

I seem to be stuck and I have looked for pairs and for X-y Wing (which I may not be doing right) So anywho.. here i am:

XX8 5XX X4X
XX4 8X9 X1X
XXX X34 X2X

8X9 X4X XX1
51X XXX 469
4XX X9X XX2

X4X 75X 29X
X8X 9X6 7X4
X9X 4X3 1XX

Any help would be great. THanks.
CourtneyO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS- I looked at that last disscussion and it didnt help at all.
geoff h

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Courtney,

There seems to be a bit of confusion here - the puzzle you've entered is actually the puzzle for 8th November and is not really that difficult. You may be trying to make the puzzle harder than it really is - you certainly don't need X-Y Wing to solve it!!

The main trick you need is to look at individual Rows or Columns and their interaction with other Boxes. For example,

1. Consider Column 4. The number 6 MUST appear in either r4c4 or r6c4 because these are the only cells that Nr 6 can appear in Box No. 5. Therefore, you can eliminate 6 from all other cells in Column 4, ie, you can eliminate 6 from r3c4 and place Nr 1 in that cell.

2. From a simple process of elimination, you can then easily place Nr 1 in r1c1 and then Nr 9 in r3c1.

The puzzle should be easily solved from there.

Cheers.
CourtneyO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah- I posted the wrong date... and I missed that thing in box 5... Im still figuring this game out.. thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: