dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nurikabe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttsmurphy81

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: nurikabe Reply with quote

Since I couldn't find anywhere else to post this, it's here. Anyway, just want to let the PTB that I am really enjoying the Nurikabe puzzles!

thanks
teresa
Pedrocelli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: last Nurikabe of all Reply with quote

Hi - loved the Nurikabe while it lasted Very Happy , pity they have stopped now Sad .

I have found that the last puzzle posted (the big one) has three valid answers according to the rules Surprised . One of them has two 2x2 blocks of four white squares, one has one block, and one has no blocks. In all the rule sets for Nurikabe that I have seen, there is no mention of this not being allowed. Certainly a 2x2 block of black squares is disallowed, but not with white squares. There are nine squares which can change in three different cominations. I can post the three solutions if I someone is interested.
Pedrocelli

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Multiple answers??? Reply with quote

No comment at all from the PTB (or anyone else) about the multiple answers? Does anyone else out there agree or disagree that there are three possible solutions, as mentioned in the previous entry?
Confused
Curious
24 hours? NE!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone actively doing these puzzles?

Are there other places to find new ones?
Pedrocelli

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was, but I haven't found a site like this that provides puzzles that can be easily printed and done in my own time. Sad

BTW, NE did you complete that last big one here? If so, did you come to the same conclusion as me?
24 hours? NE!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't gotten to that one yet. Still working my way through them.
24 hours? NE!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - that last one was a headache master! Exclamation Spent way more time on that than I had the other puzzles. Exclamation Exclamation

It was kind of fun to start - a lot of islands were found using all the rules, but then it became very difficult.

I didn't find multiple answers - it almost required a complete puzzle to get the final spaces based on the continuous black rule.

I've found that this site's nurikabe puzzles will avoid using 2x2 blocks in its islands (unlike some other sites). That can help to trying solutions.

Wish I could find more sets of nurikabe puzzles like this site.
24 hours? NE!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: nurikabe Reply with quote

ttsmurphy81 wrote:
Since I couldn't find anywhere else to post this, it's here. Anyway, just want to let the PTB that I am really enjoying the Nurikabe puzzles!

thanks
teresa

I second (or I guess, triple) that sentiment! Any chance of bringing them back?
24 hours? NE!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedrocelli wrote:
I was, but I haven't found a site like this that provides puzzles that can be easily printed and done in my own time. Sad

You can find easily printable puzzles here:
http://www.puzzle-nurikabe.com/

I like the format and look of the puzzles on this site better, though. There's another site that has daily 9x9 puzzles and I'm in the process of using that site to make some printable puzzles to satisfy my nurikabe craving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: